Monday, April 22, 2013

3D to 2D


For this assignment, I had to take one of my 3D assignments and turn it into a 2D image. First off, I would like to say that photoshop is not my forté by any means. Honestly I'm a beginner when it comes to using it, but it is a program that I would like to experiment more with to gain more experience. After a few trials and errors with what the subject matter should be, I had decided to use one of the original concepts from the balsa wood sculptures. When I had created this sculpture, I had imagined it as a kind of cliff floating in the sky. For some reason this is an image that I find fascinating. I used repetition and scale to create the illusion of multiple cliffs floating in the sky and off in the distance. I used a sepia tone to help the image come together well, and my favorite part about it is the wood is still almost the same exact tone as it was in the original image. It is a simple image, but I really like the depth that is portrayed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment