Sunday, January 20, 2013

People I Find Inspiring

1. Salvador Dali. This man is a genius. I could stare at his piece, The Elephants, for hours. It is by far my favorite piece, and one of the few things I find inspiring.



2. Les Baker. He's a 77 year old Navajo silversmith from New Mexico. He is my favorite jewelry designer, and his pieces are absolutely stunning. He has incredible detail and high quality craftsmanship, and I have bought only a couple of his pieces but plan on buying more as soon as I can afford it. I think it would be incredible to learn a trade like that, and create something so beautiful every time, and the best part is each piece is one of a kind. 

My favorite ring made by Les Baker. I wear it practically every day.

A necklace I had been eyeing for over a year, but it finally sold before I got the chance to buy it. 

3. Ludwig van Beethoven. My favorite piece, Moonlight Sonata, is one of the few songs that can put me in a creative mood instantly. I've learned to play about half of it on the piano, but I intend to learn the entire piece at some point. Also, the fact that he went deaf and continued to create beautiful music? That not only takes a lot of skill, but perseverance to overcome such a loss like that, especially with the work he was doing.





No comments:

Post a Comment